We’re Looking For Chorlton People To Take or Team Up on Climate Action!
Calling All Chorlton Change Makers and Idea Generators!
Is now a good time…
- for learning, growth and development?
- to connect with others in Chorlton?
- to be part of working out how to reduce the number of car journeys and carbon emissions in our area?
If so, we’d really like you to join us.
Our Inspired Community Action Programme is one way of helping support Chorlton on its journey to tackle climate change. You don’t need any knowledge of climate change or experience of community action – all are welcome to take part. You will be supported to develop ideas about how we reduce carbon emissions in our area and build community links.
There are 12 places on the programme that will provide the opportunity to develop new relationships with fellow Chorlton people. The programme will include group sessions to learn about bringing out the best in yourself and others around you. It’s an opportunity to work together, to develop, learn and grow.
The Inspired Community Action programme will be delivered by Our Streets Chorlton partner, Amity, a specialist in helping people and communities grow.
Who can apply?
We’d really like to hear from you if you:
- Are aged 18+
- Live in Chorlton
- Have an interest in tackling climate change and reducing carbon emissions through active travel
- Have an open mind and are comfortable working with people with differing levels of experience and background
- Can join us virtually on Zoom (support is available if you feel you need digital skills support)
The programme is running from October 2021 to March 2022 online and there will be chances to get together in person at other events and spaces hosted by the Our Streets Chorlton team.
What will the programme involve?
- 6 months attendance at Inspired Community Action Sessions (sessions delivered by Amity monthly October 2021 – March 2021)
- Wednesday 27th October 18.00-20.30
- Wednesday 24th November 18.00-20.30
- Wednesday 22nd December 18.00-20.30
- Wednesday 12th January 18.00-20.30
- Wednesday 16th February 18.00-20.30
- Wednesday 9th March 18.00-20.30
- Self-Study Online Content (approx 1 hour of Audio content)
- Working on projects with your group in your own time
- Engagement in the Online Amity Community – an online space for support and inspiration so that we can enact positive changes in our local areas, better address environmental or social issues that arise, and collaborate together on taking inspired action.
How will the group experience be delivered?
It will be delivered online via zoom to make it easier for some to join us. Also, as we move into Winter, there is some uncertainty about how confident and able we will be to get together safely .So, we want to be consistent and avoid having to change how you experience the programme part-way through.
Would there be opportunities to get together in person?
Absolutely! We will encourage the group to gather informally respecting safety recommendations. Also, The Our Streets Chorlton team will host other opportunities to meet up, stay tuned on the newsletter.
Deadline is 23:00 on Wednesday the 6th of October!
What if I struggle using technology?
Don’t worry if you struggle to use your device or get online, we can offer support for this.